Art 31 Bar Globe
- 40cm (16") diameter globe
- Genuine Italian bar globe made in Rimini, Italy
- Antique ocean colour ball
- 17th century old-world mapping
- Globe ball fits up to 4 bottles and up to 9 glasses
- Solid hardwood and legs
- See more product details
Columbus Brown Globe Bar Made in Italy
The Columbus Brown is a beautifully crafted Italian Globe Bar with 17th century antique globe ball and is named after the famous explorer Christopher Columbus. This deluxe drinks globe model can carry at least 6 bottles and 9 glasses, has always been a very popular globe drinks cabinet and is suitable for both large and small rooms. The stand is made from chestnut stained solid hardwood legs mounted to a durable veneered base. The meridian, equator ring and base are decorated by screen print images of artwork from the period. Based on a 17th century map, the Columbus bar globe is ideal for any environment and a great centre piece for any room with its 16" antique replica globe ball that rotates about the equator ring.
Cartography & Map Detail
- A reproduction of a 17th century map
- Map designed by Pierre Duval, a french cartographer who worked for the French King Louis XIV.
- Exact date unknown, but it is somewhere between 1647 and 1683.
- A vintage feel from the 17th century old world mapping.
- Text hand drawn in Latin adding to the classic feel of the globe.
- Illustrations of 17th century ships on the oceans.
- Illustrations of wildlife including bears and elephants.
- Illustrations of buildings including the pyramids and major cities at the time.
Some assembly required. Please Note : glasses and bottles are not supplied with this bar globe.